FAQs for Gene Smart™ Polyphenol Blend
1. Why did Gene Smart create this product?
Significant clinical research highlights the importance of polyphenols in the diet, particularly polyphenols that can influence gene expression. Both Pomegranate and Green Tea contain unique polyphenols that are not only powerful antioxidants, but interact with genes to promote cardiovascular health.
2. Who should take this product?
This product is for anyone interested in supporting their overall cardiovascular health and improving their metabolic function.
3. What benefits should I expect from this formula?
- Provides antioxidant protection against free radical damage
- Supports optimal cardiovascular health
- May help promote endothelial health
- Supports fat metabolism
- Enhances energy expenditure
4. What are the ingredients and what are they good for?
Per 2 Capsules
Pomegranate Fruit Extract
- Preliminary research suggests that pomegranate may support cardiovascular health, cellular health, and normal blood sugar levels.
- The antioxidant activity of pomegranate can be as much as three times higher than red wine or green tea
- Pomegranate fruit contain a unique compound called punicalagin, which has been shown to benefit the heart and blood vessels.
- Punicalagin is the major component responsible for pomegranate's antioxidant and health benefits. It may help maintain normal cholesterol and healthy blood pressure levels
Green Tea Leaf Extract
- Green tea is a source of polyphenols known as flavonoids, the predominate flavonoid being catechins. These catechins are potent antioxidants that promote overall health and fight free radical damage.
- The catechins in green tea are also believed to promote healthy cell growth. These antioxidants not only scavenge free radicals, but are also believed to stimulate detoxification on a cellular level.
- Tea consumption has been associated with cardiovascular health and optimal endothelial health.
- Green tea provides a high level of antioxidant polyphenols that science suggests is beneficial for multiple health systems, including cardiovascular and brain health.
- Cellular research indicates that the flavonoid Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in green tea may help regulate hepatic glucose production, which may prove useful in helping to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- The catechins in green tea inhibit the enzyme that breaks down norepinephrine, thereby increasing thermogenesis and fat oxidation. Increased levels of norepinephrine result in increased metabolic rate.
- Green tea my help increase fat oxidation and energy expenditure independent of its caffeine content.
5. Are there any ingredient standardizations?
The green tea is standardized to 98% polyphenols, 80% catechins, 50% EGCG and <1% caffeine.
6. Is the formula kosher?
7. Is the product suitable for vegetarians?
No. The gelatin found in the capsule is made from bovine (cow) and porcine (pig) sources. Our capsules are all pharmaceutical grade, and are made from the same gelatin that is used by leading pharmaceutical companies.
8. Is the formula free of common allergens?
The product is free of milk or milk by-products, egg or egg by-products, fish or fish by-products, shellfish or shellfish by-products, tree nuts or tree nut by-products, wheat or wheat by-products, peanuts or peanut by-products, soybeans or soybean by-products, gluten or sodium.
9. What excipients or "other ingredients" are used in this product?
Gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.
10. Are there any side effects associated with this product?
There are no known side effects associated with this product. However, as with any food product, there may be infrequent and unusual highly sensitized reactions associated with this or any other nutritional supplement. If such a reaction occurs, you should discontinue use of this product.
11. Are there any potential warnings, reactions, or contraindications, with this product and any other medications?
Polyphenol Blend is safe for most people to take.
Pregnant or lactating women should consult their physician before taking this or any other supplement.
This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
12. Can I take this product with Gene Smart's other nutritional supplements?
Yes, this product is designed to be taken with all of the products in the Gene Smart™ line.
13. How should I store the product?
To preserve the quality and freshness of this product, keep the bottle tightly closed, and stored in a cool, dry place.
14. Is this product tested for lead, mercury, and other heavy metals?
Every batch of Gene Smart’s™ Polyphenol Blend is tested for lead and heavy metals. Each batch is delivered to Gene Smart with a Certificate of Analysis from the manufacturer stating that the products are free from heavy metals or within the limits set by California's Proposition 65—the most stringent in the country.
15. How and when should I take this product?
Take two (2) capsules daily with a meal, or as directed by a medical professional.
16. How many softgels are in the bottle?